Friday 24 September 2010

Today we visit the Muffinland

I didn't continue my jerky quest today nor did I even start writing the Ham poem I've been working on in my mind, so instead, I offer you a recipe for Ham and cheese muffins I've made a few times. They are supposed to be eaten while they are warm, but I usually save them for breakfast since I never feel like cooking breakfast just after waking up.

For 12 medium sized muffins you need:

  • 12 muffin cups
  • 3 deciliter (1,3 cup) wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 50 grams (2 ounces) smoked Ham in small pieces (I'd recommend cutting small squares out of sliced Ham)
  • 1 deciliter (½ cup) grated cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1½ deciliter (0,6 cup) milk
  • 50 grams (2 ounces) melted butter
Why can't we all use the same system?
  1. Heat oven 200 degrees celsius / 400 fahrenheit
  2. Mix wheat flour, baking powder, salt, ham and grated cheese in a bowl. Bowl #1
  3. In another bowl, mix eggs and milk. Bowl #2
  4. Make a hole in middle of the Bowl #1 and pour the contents of Bowl #2 into it.
  5. Mix 
  6. Divide batter evenly in muffin cups
  7. Put them into oven (middle part) and slam the door shut. Bake around 18 minutes or until they're brown.