I didn't continue my jerky quest today nor did I even start writing the Ham poem I've been working on in my mind, so instead, I offer you a recipe for Ham and cheese muffins I've made a few times. They are supposed to be eaten while they are warm, but I usually save them for breakfast since I never feel like cooking breakfast just after waking up.
For 12 medium sized muffins you need:
- 12 muffin cups
- 3 deciliter (1,3 cup) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 50 grams (2 ounces) smoked Ham in small pieces (I'd recommend cutting small squares out of sliced Ham)
- 1 deciliter (½ cup) grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1½ deciliter (0,6 cup) milk
- 50 grams (2 ounces) melted butter
- Heat oven 200 degrees celsius / 400 fahrenheit
- Mix wheat flour, baking powder, salt, ham and grated cheese in a bowl. Bowl #1
- In another bowl, mix eggs and milk. Bowl #2
- Make a hole in middle of the Bowl #1 and pour the contents of Bowl #2 into it.
- Divide batter evenly in muffin cups
- Put them into oven (middle part) and slam the door shut. Bake around 18 minutes or until they're brown.